Wednesday, August 8, 2012

MAC lipstick in Hot Tahiti

Hi everyone....today I want to share my views on a Mac lipstick named Hot tahiti. Its a muted pinkish-brown in glaze finish. Honestly I havent heard much about this shade and dint even get proper swatches when I searched for it online. Nevertheless I went to the store and swatched it and let me tell you....I was completely blown away by the color. Its a beautiful soft colour which will suit a wide range of skin tones because its neither all-out pink or brown. Its a happy in between.

The texture is also soft and buttery as its a glaze finish. It has sheen but not any glitter or sparkles. It gives a nice toned down colour and a soft sheen to your lips when applied. Here is the swatch.



This lipstick is definitely in my top 3 Mac lipsticks. The staying power is not great because its glaze. But the color itself is so beautiful that I am willing to settle on this one. Glaze finishes are very moisturizing and sheer. So if you want opaque color payoff and good staying power then check their amplified or matte finishes. And the smell is also their signature vanilla smell which is not overpowering. When the lipstick fades it leaves a nice pinkish stain which looks like my-lips-but-better. It can be a good everyday and office-wear color in my opinion. Hope the swatch helped.

love
Vinutha.

No comments:

Post a Comment